Monday, November 22, 2010

Chapter 1

notes:

music - alanis morrisette isn't it ironic song

Taylor spends a lot fo time on computer (avoidance) - somehow when I'm working I lose the ability to feel

Grace spends a lot of time looking at the back of his head.

Text:

Is there a word for the line created when the sky touches the water? Maybe in a different culture or language than ours, one that cares, one for which such things are important. Like the eskimos have 20 different words for snow or the malaysians words for teh color blue on butterfly wings.

On a gray blue day sea and sky are almost indistinguishable. I watched as the blue heron that had been perched on a rock in the harbor gave an imperceivable jump and alighted to a destination across the inlet. Its wings gave a languid flap to keep it in flight and as it did so it dipped rom sea background to sky and back again. I'd lose sight of it for a moment each time as its blue gray color matched the ocean's.

It was like I had lost the ability to feel and didn't know it until this moment when all feeling all emotion came rushing back like blood into a sleeping limb all prickly pins and needles.

We dont' really give up trying when there is still hope only without hope does trying subside.

No comments:

Post a Comment